rOUND TABLE / sPECIALIZED sESSIONS
2017 CALL FOR Round table PROPOSALS
IFAMA is pleased to invite industry, government, stakeholder organizations, and academia to submit proposals for special 90 minute round table sessions.
Concurrent Round Tables will be scheduled on:
1- Monday June 19: 8:30-10:00 (3 slots available) and 10:30-12:00 (3 slots available)
2- Tuesday June 20: 7:30-9:00 (2 slots available)
3- Wednesday June 21: 7:30-9:00 (2 slots available)
Each session will debate innovative issues, engaging speakers from at least two of IFAMA’s main constituencies, and the attending audience. These are not sessions to present academic research, which are hosted by the Symposium, rather intended to present innovations for the general conference.
A small selection committee will select proposals addressing the following criteria:
- Clarity of the proposal
- Relevance of the session theme for IFAMA membership
- Tenor of the speakers, given the proposed theme
- Structure of the proposed session
- Additional criteria mentioned by author (see point 4 in proposal format)
- Special considerations related to IFAMA’s strategic interests
Committee decisions will follow a precise decision timeline:
| xxxxxxxxxxx ||Submission received by 5PM EST on ||Will received a decision and offer by 5PM EST on||Author and Speakers must complete registration by|
| Round 1|| 2-24-2017|| 3-1-2017||3-31-2017|
| Round 2|| 3-29-2017|| 4-3-2017||4-30-2017|
| Round 3|| 4-26-2017|| 5-1-2017||5-15-2017|
| Round 4|| 5-24-2017|| 5-29-2017||5-30-2017|
Although there is no restriction on when to submit a proposal, it is clear that slots may fill up, and that decisions are made on a first come first served basis. *Please note the need to confirm registration by a set date or the offer may be cancelled and the slot may be offered to a different team. IFAMA reserves the right not to fill all slots, and only in exceptional cases to add more presentation slots.
Suggested format of the proposal:
- Round Table Title
- Main objective / purpose of this session (100 words)
- Brief description of the session content (250 words)
- Criteria that make this session unique and relevant (100 words)
- Name, affiliation, contact information (email and phone) of author who will serve as contact person, and of a minimum of two confirmed speakers.
- Indication of date preference for session (not guaranteed): June 19, 20 or 21.
*Please email proposals to: Dr. Francesco Braga, CEO, IFAMA (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy Dr. Johan Van Rooyen, President, IFAMA (email@example.com), by the set deadlines noted above. Direct any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOWNLOAD THIS DOCUMENT